Depression can make it incredibly difficult to function and enjoy your life like you once did.
Just getting through the day can be overwhelming. You may feel like you’re alone and that it’s hopeless. Depression is not something you can “just get over” alone. Understanding the signs, symptoms, causes, and treatment of depression is the first step to overcoming the problem.
Some signs you may be depressed
- you feel hopeless and helpless
- you’ve lost interest in friends, activities, and things you used to enjoy
- you feel tired all the time
- your sleep and appetite has changed
- you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
- you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
- you are much more irritable, short-tempered, or aggressive than usual
- you’re consuming more alcohol than normal or engaging in other reckless behaviour
Depression counselling can help you find the motivation to engage in activities that help symptoms of depression. You will start to understand and explore factors in your life that contribute to your depression. Depression can be isolating, depression treatment can help you start to reconnect with significant people in your life again. Negative thinking can leave you with a feeling of helplessness and hopelessness, by starting to understand the signs and symptoms of depression you can start to shift your relationship to your thoughts and feelings, not allowing them to overwhelm you, thus changing your negative core beliefs about yourself and others.
Caroline will help you through this dark time in your life. She will walk down the path of recovery with you, giving you the tools you need to live the life you deserve. She understands that depression affects people differently and will create your treatment for depression plan appropriately.
What to expect during your counselling session.
During your session: During your 50 minute session Caroline will work with you toward addressing your current needs.
Confidentiality is of utmost importance, the identity of clients and the content of sessions, apart from certain legal situations which are outlined at the beginning of first session, are kept completely private.
The support you need
is only a phone call away.